Sunday, May 15, 2016

3 Gun Nation SW Regional Day 1

3 Gun Nation SW Regional Day 1



Theme of the day was simple for the afternoon squad; Rain.




We were scheduled to shoot at 1pm, but did not get rolling until after 5pm. I made the choice to not shoot the first stage after slipping a couple of times in walk thru, as I did not feel that it was safe. The rest of the squad shot just fine, although I did see the RO's, and competitors slip more than a few times running from position to position. For me, I just did not feel comfortable with that.



After Stage 7, we were sent to Stage 5, but it was backed up and we were sent on to Stage 1, there were 3 Pro Shooters who did not show up to shoot it, and somehow, we are scheduled to start on that stage tomorrow. Since the rest of the shooters made it, it's kind of convenient we are set to start with that stage. Those of us who shot it today did it in miserable conditions, and as the last shooter I finished a little after 8:30 PM. I could not see a couple of low targets, and the steel pistol targets were painted black, which was a shit show for me.


After I shot, I was told that since I made the choice to shoot, and I was aware of the conditions, I would not be offered a re-shoot tomorrow. Wish I had known that it was even a choice, or that they would assign us to shoot the same stage twice. Since that's the case, I'm going to argue that I should get a re-shoot on Stage 1, and that I should have the chance to shoot Stage 7 as well. We'll see how it goes.


Stage 1:




No real feedback at this time, I had only 1 hit on one of the low paper, and I caught the no-shoot on the swinger, and I missed a couple of clay's, plus I had a ton of make-up on the steel. I know I can shoot this a hell of a lot better, and the weather and darkness may have played a part, but I saw the steel clearly and just did not get my hits, so I'm owning that.


Let's see how tomorrow goes, 3 stages we "can" shoot, and I'm going to argue for the one I did not shoot, and for a re-shoot, after all, I'd hate to see "special consideration" given to the Pro's, or rather it all works out in their favor that they left the range and get to shoot the stage in daylight. Nah, that could not have happened on purpose giving them that break, right?

No more gripes, I'll be back out there tomorrow, it'll be messy, and it will be fun!



Linda During the Rain Delay

Yep, she did not want her picture taken, all dressed for 3-Gun with nothing to shoot! She'll take out that anger tomorrow burning down some stages on her own!

No comments:

Post a Comment