Thursday, April 17, 2014

MISS 4/16/14

MISS 4/16/14


After a disappointing weekend, and a hard practice Monday, I did not waste an ounce of time jumping back onto a match. I was a little worn out, but after finding Monday that I was pushing the gun and as a result shooting low, I was anxious to get out, do things right, and get myself moving back in the right direction, especially since I just got my B card on Tuesday.

MATCH SCORES

Stage 1: Whiz Bang (West 1)


The stage got tossed out because the 2nd squad had issues where a a piece of steel would fall and inadvertently cause a clam shell to activate. Our squad had no issue with that, but it made sense. This was my first stage, and honestly my worst stage of the night. I took a mike on the clam shell. This was a 90 point stage potential, and I had 79 points, 10 penalty points for the miss, so I was accurate enough otherwise. I ran it in 17.68 seconds, and my hit factor put me in 8th place for Production, out of 16 Production Shooters for the night. There was a late re-load after the first array, and a few other things, but more than anything, I wanted hits tonight.


Stage 2: Looks Familiar (East 1)


Statistically this was my best stage of the night. 160 possible points and I shot 152 of them in 20.32 seconds. This was good enough for 2nd place in Production, but 6 seconds behind Les. I want to see some video of him running this. I know my cadence slowed down the further along the stage I went, so I need to make sure I can keep a quicker cadence, but I was thrilled to run this with 28 Alpha hits and only 4 Charlie. My time can be quicker to be sure, but the hits made me feel good. Again, work on moving reloads, and hey, for once I shot on the move...kind of...but still better than static positional shooting.


Stage 3: On The Periphery (East 2)


One word, slow. This was another 160 possible point stage, and I shot 146 points, so 25 Alpha and 7 Charlie. Points are good, but after the first array I really slowed down, and then moving into the final position I missed a reload, which is not good. The only good part is that I did not let it phase me, I got the mag inserted, and I finished with good hits. Don't let something derail you, keep rolling! Success! Still a lot of things I can do better, and keeping the cadence up is one of 'em.


Stage 4: CM 99-62 Bang and Clang 

No Video.....

It's a shame, because I think this was my best stage. I was 4th in Production, and 5th overall, I ran the 4 steel, and single paper in 3.23 seconds (4th fastest time of anyone) my only point deduction was one Alpha, and one Charlie, and the Charlie was close. Running the hit factor into Classifier Calc, it's right about 75%, so one day after earning my B card, I may have just run my first A classifier. How 'bout them apples?



Summary 

There was a little redemption here for me. Combined overall I finished 10th of 28 shooters, and that will actually go up a little when official results are submitted and the first stage (my worst) get's eliminated. I was 7th in Production, about 85.8% of the points that Les had (he won Production) and he had one stage he was just screwing around on, and that much distance between him and everyone else. I won't say it's disheartening, it's actually a little inspiring. The guy is a Grand Master for a reason, and I learn as much watching him shoot as I did in class.


It felt good to get accurate, and roll for a bit, I can get back on my cadence and push my time again going forward, as I'm obviously seeing my sights again. I need to keep grinding my draw, and moving reloads, but starting to shoot on the move is a good thing. I need to feel comfortable and practice. Here I did it, but I did not do it "right". I got away with it.

All in all, good match!

No comments:

Post a Comment