Sunday, March 15, 2015

Adnil's Alpha Mike Match 3/15/15

Alpha Mike  Match 3/15/15




Stage 4:



Good stage, nothing I felt I couldn't handle. Always second guessing myself on where to put my mags when having to place them somewhere. Breaking it down, 1st array, I was very shaky on the first 2 shots, why I don't know. I never had that before, which in then my transitions were and cadence were slow. My reload was not very good making my way to next array.  Next array looked to have a better cadence, didn't need the 3 mags on the first barrel, I needed to move it to the last barrel. And need to actually run..to the barrel.  Last set of targets, my plan just fell apart. I changed my plan on the last walk thru, never goes to well for me, or when I take additional shots at steel. 







Stage 5:


Time wasn't bad on this stage, if I went one for one on the steel it would have been very good. Off the bat I forgot to put the 11th round in the mag and went to slide lock which caused my reload to be way to long. Had issues with the steel, after the stage was told I was shooting high left...couldn't see why, but need to work with some steel poppers.




Stage 1:

RESHOOT! They rarely go well second time around. TEXAS STAR  and I are not friends. But every time I meet it again, I really want to beat the crap out of it. I need to go to a range and drag one out and own it. I didn't see a flinch pop up here that I would normally see, so that is positive. My last reload was brutal, missed the mag insert completely.



Stage 2:


Six Chickens! Kozy's?? Really need to practice with strong hand. Reload was decent. Really weird not to shoot 2 at paper. 






Stage 3:


This stage felt good. The port was a little high for me so on the hard cover target had to go tippy toe to get my shots off. Reload was good. I question the grip, is it good enough on the paper targets?  Love the steel plate rack. Had one extra shot, but enjoy knock em down! 


Summary:

After match was said and done, felt as a whole it was not that great. I knew where I would end up on the scoreboard.  Waco a couple of weekends ago felt fantastic. This I knew there was mikes,misses and points left out there that if I had practiced more, maybe they would have been minimal.  The shooter that I am today, didn't let the bad stages roll into each other.  I  question myself, with the confidence I feel with the gun. It's in a good way, maybe to much confidence, that I can be better then I am really am. Maybe I am over thinking that more then I need to, what I need to do is dry fire practice and live fire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment