Monday, April 20, 2015

Linda Temple Match 4/19

Temple Match 4/19

I went into the match not setting incredibly high expectations, I knew I had not dry fired nearly enough, but wanted to make sure I still did the basics correct. My last showing at Temple was not pretty all, so I wanted redemption.

Started on Stage 4:



I shot 96 out of 112 points. My time was 24.76.   I forgot to load to 11 on the start for the first array so I wouldn't have to go to slide lock. On my last array I saw hesitation about my plan. I think the draw and the reload from what I can see looked ok.

Stage 5:

Classifier: 99-28






The last time I shot this classifier, I was so excited to get roughly 11 seconds on. On Sunday I rolled out 7.83 time, I shot for only 48 points out of 60. I had the lowest points in my squad, but if I had the hits, I would have finished much higher.  I need to have better accuracy and reload faster from last shot to my belt for the reload.

Stage 6:



I shot for 90 out of 132 points. My time was 22.36. I saw that my grip needed to be better. My first reload was slow, I have to urgency to complete it. My second reload was just plan ugly. I had a good plan, but had a FTE for missing the target

Stage 1:





I had 77 out of the 94 points. My time was 28.03 I really need to show more urgency on these types  stages. I can not let the barrels get to me.  My plan was ok, needed to execute it better.


Stage 2:




I had 95 out of 135 points. My time was 43.69.  My draw was ok, I had an ok plan. With my plan I know I needed to end up going into the last array with 11 rounds. Somehow that messes up my head.  Texas Star....you'd would think living here I would like with it . It messes with my head. I stopped to engage the STAR when it first comes visible. I should have tried to shoot it on the other side of the barrel the last plates in stead of giving up. Last array I see and hear like I was shooting left and hitting the wall divider.

Stage 3:





I had 131 out of 143 points.  My time was 33.17  My draw was good. My transitions seem decent. I slowed down on the steel I was missing. Noticed I reloaded after 4 shots for no reason. My grip was not ok on some targets On my last reload, I say myself watch the mag go into the gun.



Summary:

As a whole great match. Les was in town, so it felt like past times. My times were pretty decent, but I don't shoot accurately. Not that it was a ton of mikes. I need more alphas.  So need some live fire practice to help with accuracy, maybe shooting groups with the .22?



No comments:

Post a Comment