Sunday, June 12, 2016

2016 Double Tap-Adnil

Double Tap 2016- Adnil


It was nice to be able to shoot Double Tap this year. It was Star Wars themed perfect for our family. Heading there I really had no expectations for myself other than to have fun and be safe. 

After walk thru on Thursday I realized it wasn't anything that was incredibly hard or something I could not handle. There were some hard leans and swingers (which I need to respect). I needed to worry about my usual things- gripping the gun and the most important thing truly seeing my sights. I finally understood seeing my sights on the CZ but now on the 6 inch custom gun I am struggling. This is Luke's gun and I have had minimal time with it.  Finding out my very own 5 inch is just around the corner.....is just fantastic news. 



The transition to limited has been very interesting. I enjoy not having a ton of reloads, but I constantly grab from my hip instead of grabbing front of the belt. I feel the belt is different feeling for me as in not as tight with my production rig (which is so odd....less mag pouches??). I do like the tightness I can get from my 3 gun belt....possible thinking of making a switch. I will wait to run my gun for awhile for making the switch. 

Most thing I am proud of is this is the first match I shot that I was in single digit on mikes. 

The theme I see when watching these videos as a whole is slow in every way. From transitions, splits and sometimes the draw (which need still practicing taking the safety off as part of the draw). 

When I see a perfect grip I see it from Luke and Les. It's weird maybe how I see it, it's like they are one with the gun and it cycles perfectly for them. I feel I never quite have that. It feels I am always fighting with the gun. I know most of that is in my head because clearly watching the videos here I see that when I grip the gun correctly there is no bouncing and it looks like Luke and Les when they are shooting.....but of course they go way faster then me!! 





Stage 9:




First stage- respected the no shoots and didn't hit any! I had no mikes, 19 alphas and 5 Charlies and all steel. time-32.73 The reload wasn't to bad. 

Stage 10:


Second stage- Sucked into the port- gun is bouncing-bad grip- slow shooting picked it up on last paper array. Bad grip on the steel and not seeing the sight. 

13 A
4C
3D
All steel
28.93



Stage 11:



Third Stage-  Had to go first and was not confident in my plan.Went with Luke's recommended plan.  You had to hit the steel to activate a clamshell that you had to shoot thru another port! Ahh... that means I had to move fast and shoot fast.  Can see I am not gripping the gun again.

4A
3C
3D
2M
All steel
26.41


Stage 12:


Fourth Stage- Here is the first hard lean-  can see I am not gripping the gun. The splits on the targets itself should be a lot faster, that means finding that baller reset and using it! Missing the steal I am seeing high left. 

12A
4C
All Steel
29.32
Stage 1:




Fifth Stage- Slow to the draw, good grip to start...then totally goes away.  Had my plan, but just went insanely slooow. The steel again is high left. 


14A11C---can't have these shooting limited 
2M
All Steel
37.49- so slow
Stage 2:


Sixth stage -  A little bit better of a draw, still slow shooting. Good grip for this stage! 
With the open targets and the close proximity I should not have had as many Charlies and Deltas that I did.

17A
1B
7C
3D
all steel
35.32


Stage 3:




Seventh Stage-- One of best stages the stats say- I kinda laugh at this, because I don't do well at swingers at all. I usually just throw to quick shots and hope something hits. I also giggle because I went even slower on purpose because I was going to respect the dang swingers and try to get my hits! Unloaded start and I can see off the bat, bad grip. I hit the first set of steel one for one!  I took a very long time on the swingers and got my hits! The whole stage did not have a good grip either. 

12A
6C
6D
all steel
48.61-- totally slow!



Stage 4:



Eighth Stage- First stage after lunch- And of all things-- three fun swingers!   The draw and moving the the first array was slow- I did see the splits pick up as I shot. I did have mikes and it was on the swingers this time. 

14 A

11C
1D
2M
all steel
40.86
Stage 5:



Ninth stage- Tie Fighters! The draw was so slow to happen til I got to the port.   Gripped the gun well in the first array,  too much bouncing in the second array. Horrible reload to the next array that it fell out. Should have grabbed one off my belt...didn't even think of that.  Not a good grip for the whole stage. Scores show that easily..

6A

1B
15C
2D
all steel
48.12


Stage 6:




One of my best stages stats say- Tenth Stage- Draw was slow and so was the first shot with the target that close. The splits and transitions did pick up some. One for one the steel- ( I was so excited see that, I had to remind myself to finish shooting). Gun was bouncing at the end. 

13A
6C
1D
all steel 
23.39



Stage 7:



Eleventh Stage-  almost done! -  This had up and down swingers!  Unloaded start, had a good grip from what I can see most of the stage. I should have reloaded going into the three targets on the left not going to the port. On the swingers I had 2 mikes, it was the one on the left. 

11A
10C
3D
2M
All steel
29.76



Stage 8:

LAST STAGE :) 

Last stage of the day- One of my best stages stats say- I had changed my plan during walk thru. It worked out. I like the no reloading! Unloaded start- good grip to start as well.  The rest of the stage not so much. Nice I didn't get sucked into the ports. Thanks for recommending the plan Luke :) 


11A
4C
1D
all steel
22.66

Summary:

First major I walked away feeling positive and I won a shooting bag (Going to use it for 3 gun)! I know that I could rip apart a ton of things I did wrong here, but it was the first time ever I had single digit mikes and I wasn't completely drained from the heat and beat. I did over kill it with the sunscreen...I applied about 7 times throughout the day. But hey, I wasn't sun burned and I didn't pass out of exhaustion after the match :) 

This was a great first match to shoot after wrapping up a crazy end to my school year. Looking forward to Texas Open in two weeks.  Goal there is to keep in the single digit mikes now! 




No comments:

Post a Comment