Sunday, January 29, 2017

We Get Back to USPSA

We Get Back to USPSA



It's been far too long since we've been too a match. I'll have to sit and write a long update, but the short version is that I was starting to think that shooting was passing us by, that at this point in our life it just wasn't important to us. We'd stopped dry fire, we'd stopped going to matches, and it just was not a priority for us. Back in November we started talking about how we missed it, and making what is a long story short, we decided to get back into USPSA. There are some good changes coming, but we'll get to 'em soon.

For today, we hit the classifier match at Austin Rifle Club, put on by APSC. Let's just say that we've got a long way to go, and it shows, but today we staked out a place to start from, and we'll take it a day at a time, with some reasonable short term goals, backed up by some longer term things. Enough though....the match!


Match Scores

You might notice that we we registered and shot Open, with our 9mm Limited guns, but that's a whole other story for another time. The mission today was to have fun, get classed, and figure out how far we had really fallen. Oh, and survive! Both of us suffering from the flu, high fever, not a great place to be, but hey, it was fun!

No commentary to start, just some match video.


Stage 4: Razor's Edge (CM-09-11)








Stage 5: Bookout's Boogie (CM-99-57)







Stage 1: Paper Poppers (CM 03-05)














Stage 2:Big Barricade (CM 06-01)











Stage 3: Works For Me (CM 99-41)














Conclusions:

Not a whole lot there that was pretty, and while I should be discouraged, I have to admit, I had a good time out there. For the first time in a long time, I just shot, no RO'ing, just shot, pasted, talked with other people, and enjoyed myself. My reloads sucked, I shot slow, I had no shooting cadence, and yeah, it was a "D" level match, but I can deal with that. Step one is complete, let's see how things go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment