Thursday, March 13, 2014

Cutting It Close

Cutting It Close


Just about 30 days until the conclusion of "Plan B", and I'm sitting on the cusp of where I want to be. The magic mark is to be at 60%, and with the March numbers run, I am currently at 59.15%. This month I was 6% percentage points away from having the 60% mark, and I can look back at a few things that cost me, a misfire during a classifier, a bad reload, hell the list could go on for quite awhile. Guess what? None of those things really matter. Could have, would have, bottom line, did not get it done, and that's okay. I've gotten better about accepting things. I can't change it, so it's okay, all I can do going forward is continue to improve my overall game. As I sit and write today, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that next month at this time, I'll be celebrating having earned my "B" card.


You'll have to click to enlarge this.


I'd like to say that it does not get any closer than where I am at, but the truth is, I did not make the Top 20 C Class Production shooters, so evidently you can get quite a bit closer than I did.

The math going forward is going to be pretty simple. I have 5 classifiers that I can shoot before I drop the 71% run, and I need to add a minimum of 6% points to what I have. I will drop off the 61.4%, but after that, I drop a 48%, 17%, 32%, and 43%. If I shoot a 61.4%, and a 54% I'm in. I can shoot a 61, a 48, and a 49 and I'm in. There are a lot of ways to get this done, and frankly the odds right now are in my favor as long as I keep up the hard work.

Today was the "math" day, now I'm going to put it behind me, and put my focus back on where it needs to be, my shooting. There are 8 certain classifiers, possibly 9 before my card gets run again. I have a match on the 19th, an all classifier MISS match on the 23rd (6 classifiers), and a MISS match on April 2nd. So opportunities will be plenty. Two 60's out of 8 has me there. Again, math behind me, focus on shooting.

Dave and I are going to run some El Presidente and Speedy Steel VII on Friday because we believe they could be a part of an upcoming match, and we're going to focus on fundamentals during our practice next Tuesday. We have a class with Les on the 22nd, and I have the range booked for a couple of hours after that for any last minute practice for the 23rd, and then it's on.

I'm going to continue to work my reload, and my turn and draw in dry fire, and I'm printing slightly bigger paper targets to use on the wall, and I'm going to insure that my transitions are going to the high center of the A zone, instead of low A. Move my groups up, and break shots in the "A" zone, not just the cardboard.

I'll be damned, basic fundamental skills, and the tools to help improve myself. Start adding things like shooting on the move which we just got into, and this should be a very fun summer, I'll enjoy the opportunities to continue to put all the skills together, improve my consistency, and up my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment