Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Mixed Blessings

Mixed Blessings


You know, I seem to find new and different ways to screw up classifiers. While I'm disappointed about that, it's not end of the world, and I'll go get done on Sunday what I need to do. I'm not worried, I realize I actually realize I just need to relax and shoot my game. So there, that's the bad part of this weeks match. The good part is that I finished 6th overall, my highest ever match finish, granted no Les, and no Kozy, so it would have been 8th. That said, I can't shoot against people who are not there, and I'll take 6th place when I know I had a bad classifier stage.


Match Scores


Stage 1 (West 1: Scooter)          






Stage went pretty well, 2nd place in Production. I had good solid hits, I was not happy with some of my transitions in the first position, and I took too long with some in the second position. Draw and reloads were solid, and I made sure that I was leaning in the last position, instead of having "Kozy foot".


Stage 2: (East 1: Crickets)



I had a mike on the 4th target. Second shot I started to pull back to reload and move to the next position before I completed the shot. This is an old issue, but with the movement, I just did not complete the shot, and I realized it, I thought it was either a mike or a low left delta. 7th place in Production, and the 10 penalty points did cost me a couple of spots.


Stage 3: (East 2: Chirp)



Can't complain too much, the run was good enough for 2nd place in Production, but there are some things that I could have done better. In the second position, I thought I had a good game plan, but I took way too long waiting for the swinger to come "open", I could, and should have taken it sooner, I took 3 shots, and all were Alpha's. My transitions in the final position were a little slower than I would have liked.

Stage 4: (West 2: CM 13-06 Too Close For Comfort)



Okay, new mistake here. I put the reload mag backwards into my mag holder, so on the reload I tried to insert it, and it was backwards, so I had to flip it. That and a misfire on my 4th shot really cost me. 9 Alpha 2 Bravo and a Charlie meant I had the hits, but the time cost me, and it's around a 45% run, which kind of hurts my run towards "C". It's done and over with, and lesson for Sunday is just be relaxed, don't get all tensed up, and shoot. Terry told me I was tense after I shot, and I denied it, but in hindsight, he was right, I was. For once instead of hosing it, I shot thru it.


Full Match Video:



Overall:

I could sit here and harp on the bad things, but what good would that do? The truth is there is an awful lot of good in this match, as my finish proved. Twelve months ago was the first time I ever shot more than one match in a month, I was still drawing lines on my hands to line up my grip. In October I was still a "D" class shooter who was struggling with fundamentals. Here we are five months of training with Les, breaking me down, and building me up fundamentally, this is big time progress. I'm not close to the same shooter I was a short time ago. So I'm pretty proud of my finish, but it's definitely made me hungry to continue to grind off rough spots and get better. I'm not even close to satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment