Monday, March 24, 2014

Other Match Thoughts

Other Match Thoughts


Yesterday I was excited about reaching my goal, although I will not be satisfied until USPSA runs the numbers, and I see a B card with my name on it in the mail. Not to be out done, Linda really had a good match yesterday, I'm really impressed that her hard work is slowly starting to pay off. Coming in to the match, she was right about a 21%, but she cleaned up yesterday, and even with a little Practicscore inflation, she should be right around 38%, meaning she is getting close to earning her C card. With less practice, less matches, she's going to be where I was last November. In fact, last night she was trying to figure out ways to go out, and get a couple more classifiers in, so she can earn her card now, and it would be nice to get my B card at the same time she earns hers.

More concerned with shooting than video yesterday, we missed more than a few stages, but here are a couple of her runs, and I laugh saying this, but these were her two worst stages, wish I had managed to get the video for her 3 outstanding runs.


CM 99-48 Tight Squeeze




CM 99-46 Close Quarter Standards:



Pretty proud of her, and gotta make mention of her progress here as well! Here is what she is looking at right now:

49.19% (C Run) **
47.77% (C Run) **
45.51% (C Run) **
37.86% (D Run) **
21.49% (D Run) **
16.66% *
13.96% *
27.95%

* Denotes lowest 2 of current 8, do not count in the calculation
** Denotes shot yesterday, and are not official USPSA scores.

Her 8 round average would be about 38.29%


Kozy has one video of me from yesterday, which I'll get later on, here is my Tight Squeeze Video:


This was actually my worst run of the day, I had a miss on the 2nd target, and I called it. I did not let the tuxedo target phase me, and I was fast.  I was nearly a half second faster than any other Production shooter, and I was 4th fastest overall. Being honest, I actually saw my front sight, and other than trying to make sure I stayed away from the no-shoot, I felt this run was just the right speed. That's good confidence, but the bad part is that I over compensated by staying too far away from the meat of the A zone, and did not get the hits I wanted. Next time......


It was nice yesterday to savor the good match, but I got my dry fire practice in already today, and I'm already starting to work to become more competitive in my new class, and do it as fast as possible, and then beyond that towards taking the next step by the end of the year. 24 hour break was more than enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment