Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Even In Texas

Even In Texas

Getting used to an outdoor range has been a new experience. On Sunday the steel match was canceled at ARC, and it left me unable to go break in my shotgun. As excited as I was to go shoot it, mother nature had her own plans.



Austin Rifle Club

Pistol Bays

Call it a 4' Bench, that's deep water

More Deep Water

Those are trailers, so the trailer is almost entirely under water.

A Parking Lot



Mother nature dumped between 3.5" and 7" of rain in during the preceding 24 hours. What I found funny is that even with that forecast, someone said that it would be "unlikely" for the match to be cancelled. I would have said that it would be "unlikely" anyone would think the match would not be cancelled.

Apparently this is as bad as a "weather event" get's around here, and Sunday turned out to be in the upper 70's, with nothing but sunshine, and the water elsewhere was dried up in short order. Knowing my friends in Chicago were getting 2-3" of snow the next day, I'm that much happier with the choice that I made to move to Texas.

*All pictures came from the ALSPPC Facebook page, I did not take the pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment