Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Florida Open Prep

Florida Open Prep



Not a whole lot more to do, the match is in a few days, and if I'm honest with myself, I realize I'm not close to where I wanted to be, so I'm not going down with any real expectations. A few weeks ago I said I just wanted to shoot the match and not DQ, which was a pretty pathetic attitude. The dry fire, live, and getting back on the daily practice bandwagon has really helped, but no, not even close to the top of my game.

I'm going to the match wanting to find the gaping holes in my game, to identify them, and to start fixing them over the course of this season. I'm going to take one stage at a time, and with no expectations, I'm going to reset after every stage, and forget about the previous one. I think from a mental aspect, I need to do this, I need to be able to treat each stage as a mini-match, bring my best effort to it, and not carry over any lingering effects of issues on previous stages.

I've never spent time on long range stages, never seen 25-35 yard double swingers, so this is going to be an eye opening experience. Just going and trying should help me set higher challenges going forward for myself, and in the long run, it's a positive step.

What I'm really looking forward to doing, is having a couple of days to hang out with Les and Kozy, it's the first time I'll have seen 'em since we moved, and while I don't want to interfere with their "game face" and match performance, I also know those two guys help me. The little e-mails, encouraging words, texts, they'll help me find as much success as I can down there. I'm really looking forward to it!

On to Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment