Monday, February 2, 2015

New Commitments

New Commitments (Linda)

It was good to get back to old routines. I have not practiced since June. Really being honest about it last time I practiced it was before the Ohio Sectional. Shot my last Illinois match about June 8th and then my gun sat in the box til August. So it is time to chip away at all this rust that has built up since the move.

Goals:

  •  I would like to earn my B card this year. 
  • Would like to shoot 1 or 2 bigger matches in state.
  •  Really want to focus on having solid/consistent matches.
  • Classifiers---I dislike them, I let them intimidate me completely...needs to stop
Commenting on the last goal~ I need to leave what happens on a stage, at that stage when I leave it and not let it put me in a down spiral for the rest of the match. 


1st dry fire practice ( in awhile)-- Sunday Night- 

WHOA!! Tons of rust! I picked 3 dry fire drills to work on. 

Trigger Control at Speed
Transition Component Drills
Reload Components

Not one of them could I hit where the timer was set at. Trigger Control at Speed- really notice the slap of the trigger due to not finding the re-set. The sight goes down and to the left.  By far the work drill for me was the Transition Drill--I have always struggled with this drill. I don't see the sight, I drag across all targets. I am aiming to low. Reload Drill- I was sloppy, stuff I know I can work on. Either I was on and turned the gun correctly, and did the whole process decent, or I was bad. 


1st live fire practice ( in an even longer time)- Monday-

Was great to get back on the range. When you're there, nothing else matters, but you and your practice. I was intimidated at first staying behind what felt like a backstop to me. But I quickly got past that with the first pull of the trigger. 

We ran 10 yd groups that I was ok with. 15yds I struggled. We had a turtle target out at 25 yds and I had them all on paper but not in a group.  

As a whole on other drills I notice my splits at ranging between.30-.35. My transitions are in the .50's. My draw started out hairy at a 1.9, but then slowly got it down to a 1.5.  

BILL DRILL- Well for some crazy reason, I can't count to 6! Seems so stupid, I need to laugh at myself.   I started out at a 3.3 then got down to 2.79.

All in all a good practice, needed to get out there and get going. 

I still see my flinch, and need to seriously work on finding the re-set to my gun, I don't most of the time..... I slap the trigger and my front sight is dancing down and to the left. 









No comments:

Post a Comment