Saturday, July 18, 2015

CM 99-10 Practice

CM 99-10 Practice


I call it the Kozy challenge. I was talking to Kozy, lamenting the fact that we just have not had a good practice rhythm, and how much I missed practicing with he and Les. He had a pretty quick and easy suggestion, he said he'd done it with Les, and there is absolutely no reason why we could not get involved as well. He asked me what I was struggling with, and the biggest thing of late was going position to position, so he picked Classifier CM 99-10 (Times Two). The idea was to dry fire the different skills needed for the classifier for a week, and then go run it in practice, and see where my times were at. The idea was to know draw to first shot, time it took to go box to box and get a shot off, and of course final time. In live fire we ran it a few ways, match speed, full speed, accurate speed, and then do it again at match speed and measure the differences. With no further adieu, here's the results that Linda and I had:



(We ran, Match Speed, Accurate Speed, Retard Speed, Retard Speed, Match Speed)

Linda:

8.43 Seconds
1.59 Draw
3.74 Box to Box
3 Alpha, 4 Charlie, 4 Delta 1 Mike

11.49 Seconds
1.47 Draw
3.61 Box to Box
10 Alpha 2 Charlie




7.39 Seconds
1.17 Draw
3.10 Box to Box
2 Alpha 2 Charlie, 3 Delta 5 Mike








8.24 Seconds
1.47 Draw
2.86 Box to Box
2 Alpha 5 Charlie, 4 Delta 1 Mike








Match Speed:

10.07
1.41 Draw
3.87 Box to Box
6 Alpha, 4 Charlie, 2 Delta


Her "Limited Run":

9.48 Seconds
1.59 Draw
2.83 Box to Box
6 Alpha, 4 Charlie, 2 Delta


She had some excellent draws, which I could really learn something from. Her lack of trigger time though really showed as she struggled with accuracy. She's still working on a better grip, something that she really saw how much work she needed once she got to live fire, and it proved that she was "cheating" a bit while in dry fire, and her grip was not really what she needed. On the whole, it was a good learning experience for her, and has her willing to put for the effort to go once a week to practice, with no excuses.


My runs:

7.54 Seconds
1.53 Draw
3.13 Box to Box
7 Alpha, 3 Charlie, 2 Delta



9.83 Seconds
2.18 Draw
3.25 Box to Box
11 Alpha 1 Charlie




6.77 Seconds
1.48 Draw
2.84 Box to Box
5 Alpha 2 Charlie, 3 Delta 2 Mike



7.05 Seconds
1.36 Draw
2.56 Box to Box
7 Alpha 4 Charlie 1 Mike


8.40 Seconds
1.72 Draw
2.67 Box to Box
6 Alpha 6 Charlie 


Final Comfortable Match Speed

7.19 Seconds
1.37 Draw
2.91 Box to Box
9 Alpha 3 Charlie
7.927 HF
83.44%



My last run, even though is was not a whole lot slower than my full speed runs, and it had my best draw, was actually my most comfortable run, and I think I could repeat that run on demand at a match. I need to work on keeping the gun up, and being ready to shoot, as well as just getting to the next box. Being honest, the other part where I have time to shave is on my draw, Linda has a better draw than I do.

In any case, good exercise, look forward to the next assignment. Honestly, it's a great way to focus on things, and it keeps dry fire from getting repetitive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment