Monday, November 18, 2013

Pirate Reloads

Pirates and Reload Practice


I have no idea what the hell pirates have to do with shooting, but sometimes you have a picture that you want to use in a blog, so you have to stretch. We’ll get to that in just a minute.

Screw the flinch. I’m not worried about this. I’m practicing the right way, I’m doing the right thing, and come Wednesday night, it’s not going to be an issue. When I let it get into my head, I made things worse, I thought about it more. That’s a mark of not being confident, I’m practicing right, I’m just going to go and shoot on Wednesday. I’m not going to focus on it, or over think it, I’m going to shoot.

Just Stay On That Front Sight, Okay, not these sights..yet...I mean my sights!


So, I got a piece of good news, we are prepping for classifier CM 13-04. The assumption is that the high hit factor is 10.5. For me to run a 60% classifier, I have 12.70 seconds for both strings, when you subtract time for two draws and a reload, I will have 6.70 seconds. This means I’m looking for a .40 split, which is something I can accomplish. Again, the work that we put in over the past couple of weeks on cadence, has drilled into my head that I can shoot follow-up shots between .25 and .33 right now, which means I will have the time to make a 60% run, I just need to demonstrate accuracy to make it happen. Conveniently, that’s the other part of what we’ve been doing. I’m going into this classifier confident that I have the ability to do this, if I simply execute what I already execute while in practice. Good feeling.



As part of this though, we’re going to add a little re-load to our drills for the next couple of days, and I’m thrilled to add a little something different to my practice. That said, the direction is coming from a pirate….


Les, this is just how he dresses to class.


Is that inspirational or what? 

No comments:

Post a Comment