Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving


It’s good to take a day off, just relax, and not to shoot, get my head clear. Linda, Lauren, and I are enjoying Thanksgiving with the Brown’s this year, and I wanted to just take a couple of minutes to say “thanks” to a few people who have really made 2013 a great year. I’ll keep it mostly shooting related!


1)      Linda and Lauren. Without the support that you guys have shown, there is no way on earth that I’d be doing what I’m doing. Finding shooting and an outlet for my competitive nature has been a godsend, it’s been a part of me that’s been missing for many, many years. I’d like to think that in some ways, despite the time it’s taken, it’s made me a better husband, father, and person. It’s put a smile on my face, and it’s something I've enjoyed sharing with both of you. I like that it’s something we've done as a family. I hope you guys know how much I appreciate you, and how much I love you two.



2)      I’m just wrapping up Kozy, Terry, Les, and Emil in one entry. Terry joked that he and I got along when we met when I was directed to talk to him before I got interested in IDPA a year or so ago, and he asked Les if they could “keep me.” Over the past year you guys delineated the line between “shooting friends”, and I like to think we became friends, who happen to shoot together. Getting to know you guys, the way you have accepted me, helped me, and welcomed my family is amazing as well. I’d attach a separate degree of thanks to Tracy, Cherie, and Liv as well. Girlfriends and wives have made it even better. We had some good parties this year, went to some fun concerts, and shared some family events like pumpkin picking. Thank you guys, simple thanks don’t do it justice, but it’s all I've got.


3)      Herb and Alpha Range. A local home to shoot, what could be better? Well, adding Herb to the list of people who crossed from being someone I had shot with and a range owner, to being a friend, and someone who introduced his family to ours as well. Guy makes a mean Mai-Tai, and Jeanine, and his kids are pretty awesome as well.



4)      Can’t forget Officer Chris Hall, the Deputy Sheriff and friend who was the original sounding board, on guns, shooting, and everything. I asked him a thousand questions, and he sat and listened to it all, while I know he’s not a shooting sports guy, he paid attention. Thanks man!


5)      “IDPA” guys, like Tony Amici, and Tony Alterio, Alex, Milan, Luis and others. We shared some concerts, fests, pig roasts, and shooting this summer, and it was a great time getting to know all of you outside the range as well as in. It was in large part that you guys broke down any and all preconceptions that I had about shooting, and the sport itself. I look forward to hanging out more often and more events where our families come together.




I know there are people I forgot, I don’t have time to list everyone, and I've got a lot of non-shooting and work related friends that I’m thankful for as well. An awful lot of you guys have had to listen to me talk about something that got to be pretty important to me, and in some ways changed who I am. I’m sure a lot of you wanted to pull your hair out, or tuned me out, but you kept on smiling and said “good for you.” I appreciate that!

She Always Looks Great in Pictures, Me? Not so much!



I’m lucky to have been blessed to know so many wonderful people, new friends and old alike.

Think About it Les.....

No comments:

Post a Comment