Thursday, December 26, 2013

At The Range

At The Range


Spent a little time today up at Alpha Range, still need to work the kinks out, we had the range from 10:30 until 12:30, but could not get in until 11am, since there was another group in there shooting, and then going to clean up. All good with working in with everyone, and this will settle out, glad it did not happen during the week, and was on a day where we were all off.

Today was as much about Lauren, one of her Christmas presents was a Smith & Wesson MP 15-22 that she was so incredibly excited to go and shoot. Kozy was nice enough to put the sight on, and get it sighted in, and away Lauren went. Having three 25 round magazines is nice, but when she starts rapid firing, what a pain in the ass to reload those things non-stop! Kid did exceptionally well, I'm so proud of her!




She got on a roll and had a couple of pretty solid "numbers" on the target, one of which was slow fire, and the other she went to town pulling the trigger as fast as she could.




Of course it was the "Tactical Timmy" who showed us how to do things, she had the best group, had a rifle in her hands, and pistol on her belt. Amazing that sixteen months ago she was as anti-gun as anyone I know. She also had a great time, and may want to shoot Lauren's rifle more than Lauren.




I have to admit, I had a ball shooting it too, the AR style 22 is a lot of fun in a small package, and considering it cost about $15 more than my 22 pistol, I'm impressed. I sense a Ruger 10/22 or something like that in the future, but down the road, after we get a bigger safe, because room is getting tight right now.

After the 22 fun, Linda and I both jumped out and did some drills with our respective guns. She is still having a few issues with her first shot, and she really needs work on her cadence, but again she had a ball, and is starting to show some serious accuracy in slow fire. If she goes slow on transitions she gets hits, but that's a process, and dry fire and work with the .22 will get her headed in the right direction.

I seemingly have stopped having accuracy issues. I hope the supply of Alpha hits that the CZ has is infinite, because I don't want to exhaust them. As a whole, my transitions are a hair slower than with the PPQ, and my splits are a hair faster, but my accuracy is night and day better, and most importantly consistent. I really need more and more work on my draw, once I get that where I want it to be, rolling out B class runs is going to be second nature. 

Class with Les and Dave on Saturday! I hope my performance of late in practice carries over to class, and then to the MISS match next Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment