Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 In Review

Year in Review

I suppose everyone who writes a blog like this is almost required to do a year in review type of post, although I'm not sure that I have enough material, heck, I'm more interested in getting to the MISS match on January 1st, and anyone who knows me, knows that I just don't give a damn about the holiday at all. It's been a good year though, made a lot of friends, had some seriously fun adventures with said friends, I really got hooked on my new hobby, and began to really work thru the up's and the downs. I've spent prior blogs thanking all those people, so I'm not going to do it all over again, you folks know who you are.

To start the year, I was shooting a P30L, and I hated it, and I had no real idea why, I liked the way it felt, but I did not like anything else about it.

My H&K P30L (First Gun)

By February, I was looking for something else, and I found the PPQ, which I broke out in March and started to shoot, and other than a 2 match dalliance with the XDM, I stuck with it, thru good and bad, and this is the gun that I actually learned with. No coincidence at all that I started to get serious about the sport at about the same time that I found the PPQ. Before that I was a casual, once a month shooter, with the PPQ, my desire elevated, and by April I was shooting as often as I could.

Walther PPQ

By the end of the year, I'd made the change wholeheartedly over to CZ, and assuming this guy does not blow me off (not responding after agreeing to a deal, is getting me angry) the PPQ will be gone from my inventory forever. Someday there could be an M2 PPQ in the safe, but no time soon, as even though I like it, I don't have a reason to have one. (Yes, I'm still in the "I need a reason" to own something)

CZ SP-01 Shadow

It's been a great year, filled with good people, and good times. I suspect 2014 will hold more of the same. I've got some early season shooting goals, like winning Production C at the WIIT. Okay, I know that's not a huge thing, but it'd be progress for me, and I could live with Dave beating me, but otherwise, it's time to put some of these tools that Les has given us on display, and shoot well. I'd like to get my B card as soon as possible, and put up a strong showing at each Level 2 and Level 3 match I go to this year. I'm going to be happy to take my R.O. class in a few weeks. I'll be thrilled to see Linda and Lauren both shoot more, and enjoy.

To everyone who has been around in 2013, and been a friend, or listened to me ramble, or shared an adventure, I thank you for helping to make it a great year!


Just Because Brass Photo's Are Cool




No comments:

Post a Comment