Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays


I got my last live fire, kind of, in yesterday in a range trip to go chronograph some ammo. What that means, is I went to test some loads, and see how they perform out of my gun. The idea is to find just the right powder charge, length, and so on, in order to have an accurate and soft shooting load. From a bench rest, you shoot a bullet thru the Kozy "bunny hutch", and the electronics give you a reading on exactly how fast the bullet went thru there. Follow it up with an accuracy test, and you are good to go.

The "bunny hutch"


Kozy ran some loads of Tite Group powder, and Solo 1000 powder with SNS Cast bullets, and I ran loads with Bullseye powder and Bayou Bullets powder. End result was we had a pretty good set of tests, and found out that 2 of the 3 loads were good for what we wanted to accomplish, the Solo 1000 load though came in a little light, and will need some extra powder to make power factor.


Kozy takes Kwanzaa seriously 

There are a couple of holes in the bunny hutch, put there by Kozy himself, but as you can see from the above sign, he takes it pretty seriously, that only Les is going to to be using it, and not someone random walking into the range! It makes sense though!

Most people label a box with some tape, or a marker so they know exactly what load they are breaking out to test. Kozy and I hung around a little bit since Les was on his way in, and we saw how he organizes his boxes so he keeps things straight. I don't think it'll surprise anyone, and I really think it explains a few things.

Words Fail Me

It's Christmas Eve, and all thru my head, dry fire drills are happening (okay, they are happening for real too) Santa is on his way, and I'm looking forward to spending the day tomorrow with some good friends. It'll be a relaxed, fun, and happy Christmas with Emil, Tracy, Kozy, Les and Liv, and I see a nice celebration in store among friends. Until then, kids to bed early, presents to wrap, and cookies to put out for a jolly fat man. I hope your Christmas is one filled with joy.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment