Monday, February 24, 2014

Primer Problem Solved!

Primer Problem Solved!


The good news is that it was not me short stroking the press, the bad news is that the shell plate, where the brass rests was loose, very loose. So when pushing the handle up, the primer would push the brass upwards, resulting in the high seat. Kozy came and had a quick look, took nine seconds to tighten it up, and that was that, the plate now holds the brass down properly, and I'm able to re-seat the bad primers.

The bad news is that I should have seen and known that, and that I have to push in about 1,000 primers just to make sure. I did 400 tonight, and it took an hour, so enough of that, time to dry fire, get some practice in, and I'll work the rest out tomorrow before Dave and I hit practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment