Sunday, February 2, 2014

WIIT Review

The WIIT In Review

Match is over, time to reflect. Early word on the street (okay, from Kozy who downloaded scores before he left Pine Tree) is that I finished 3rd place in Production "C", behind Terry. Since I'm not competing against everyone in every class, and every division, that's a pretty good baseline to test myself. Terry of course is sandbagging a bit in "C" class since he's a much better shooter than his classification. I said that I wanted to win "C", and have this match be a coming out party for myself in terms of performance. I'll take the 2nd place finish, and it definitely was a coming out party, just over 30 days with a new gun, and probably the best performance I've had in a match to date. I scored about 55% of what the match winner did, and that's a high "C" place to be. I'm probably about that good of a shooter right now, but I do have improvement in me, and if I clean up some mistakes, I'll be even closer.

The big reason for my improvement is the fact that I got all of my hits, I had one miss on a target all day. I'm finally getting comfortable with sticking to my front sight like glue. To do that, I know I slow down, and that I'm capable of going faster, but getting hits is more important, and with work, I'll get faster. Not everything was sunshine, I knew I made some mistakes, got sucked into a few ports, forgot an order of targets to engage, and on the last stage struggled with the mini poppers shooting from my knees. Sure, I've got stuff to work on, I can do better, and with this little bit of success, I'm hungry to keep it up. I'm already planning my dry fire for tomorrow morning, and yes, there will be dry fire before I go to work, and again when I get home. Getting to where I am now, realizing that less than 90 days ago I was a "D" shooter, and that' I'm closer to "B" was the easy part, the only way I'm going to get this next 5% is by working harder to earn it.

Tomorrow I'll do an individual stage break down blog, but for today, I'll just post the complete match video, and go to bed happy that I had my coming out party, and even hungrier to work harder.



Oh, my "classifier" run today? The good news is that I shot it in 9.19 seconds, with a hit factor of 7.84. This was my best run, so my attention to practice made a real difference. USPSA made a ruling this classifier was no longer going to be valid, so while the Match Director will submit, it's likely my run will not count, and an 85% classifier is not going to help me. It's a shame that USPSA made the decision and announced it on Friday night, effective immediately. There are a lot of people who are going to lose out on this one. Crappy leadership folks, it either should have been announced sooner, or announced with a cut-off date.


Big thanks to Screaming Amateur Productions who sponsored the entire squad in the match today. It was fun shooting with Rob, Terry, Les, Kozy, Mikhail, Tony A, Anthony A., Luis, Jay, and Brad, kick ass squad, it's tough being the worst shooter in the squad. Next year, I hope to be a lot more competitive.





Production Scores By Class

Final Combined Standings

No comments:

Post a Comment