Thursday, May 22, 2014

Ode To The Ohio Sectional Match

Ode To The Ohio Sectional Match


The Ode To the Ohio Sectional

‘Twas a couple of nights before the Ohio Sectional, the Buckeye Blast…
Ammo is loaded, and ready to go
Magazines ready, the shine, they do glow
CZ’s are clean, and ready to rock.
Linda is nervous, her first major match, do not mock!
Visions of Alpha’s flit thru her head
Brimming with confidence, success is ahead.
A “C” card, the object of her pride.
Saying that, now I must hide.

Reading the stage brief’s, checking the match.
Charlies and delta's I am likely to snatch.
Terrors of Mike’s, and no shoots twist my mind.
Finishing the match, no DQ, my goal I am resigned.
Lessons from the grandmaster, execute them? Perhaps.
Best I can hope for? Just no collapse.

Wine has motivated me, its taste is so fine.
My writing sucks, the humor not even sublime.
If you are reading this, your have wasted your time.
My words are stupid, it’s almost a crime.

The drive is before us, the hours so long
Following Brad, and Chris, guess which is wearing a thong?
I think one will end by wearing it on his head.
It was his girlfriend who suggested it, this truth I dread.
The miles go by, the journey is far.
Which might finish within a police car?

The wine is all gone, the Honey Jack remains.
Time to be done, my words at an end, only if you have brains.

Happy Memorial Day, see you bastards in Ohio! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment