Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Letter to Les



Dear Les,


You sir are killing me. No dryfire, no forums, no podcasts, and no reading of shooting books. I have caught up on my paperwork, my boss commented that I really “seem on top of things”, and my wife and daughter are thrilled that I did the yard work on Sunday, and that I played soccer, football, and watched some Clone Wars.


This should be a relaxing, comfortable, enjoyable week, where I am a better husband, father, and employee. Les, you are making me MISERABLE. I’d said I was consumed with shooting, but I had no idea how consumed I was, I can’t believe what a prominent position in my life it has assumed.

How I feel

This is not to say that in the past year I've neglected anything, but I've put in time reading, listening, learning, and that filled some dry moments, now I’m just aching for a little time here, or a little time there. It's been something on my mind non-stop, but in proportion with other responsibilities. Now that it has been taken away, I'm resorting to writing blogs!

I buy in all the way, I’m confident that I’m coming out the other end much improved, and with the tools in place to continue to improve, but the next couple of weeks, while my mind clears is going to be an absolute pain the ass.

Without those little things, I’m actually considering something that I have not done in months. Les, I want you to think about this, look at what you are making me consider! LINK Are we passing from educational into cruel and unusual punishment? Have some mercy! In all seriousness, I’m excited, and chomping at the bit to get going!



Cheers,


Your humble student

1 comment: